Little People’s Playhouse caters to children from infants to school age. The majority of our “little clientele” are under school age (infants to “young 5’s”), but we also have plenty of school age children in our summer camp and before/after school programs (as well as spring break and similar).
We offer themed classroom experiences that are tailored to each age group, and are aimed towards getting children ready for Kindergarten:
- Infant (6 weeks to 2 years) – We provide a loving, safe environment for our littlest guests, ensuring they are happy and engaged. We also help teach during these important years, utilizing the “My Baby Can Read” series, working with sign language, and more.
- Preschool (2 – 4 years) – This age range makes up the heart of our group, and as such, we focus on development and learning, following the renowned Creative Curriculum. Your child learns the skills that will get them ready for Kindergarten.
- Young 5’s – For this group, we know the next step is Kindergarten, so we put a bit more emphasis on the transition.
Within each group, themed activities and learning takes place. For example, we have holiday celebrations with snacks, games, and crafts; mother’s/father’s day parties; Valentine’s Day and Halloween parties; Santa visits, and more. And for kids 4+, we have occasional field trips as well.
We also offer traditional, activity filled daycare for older kids:
– Before/After School (school-age children)
– Summer Camp (school age children)
Lastly, we offer registered families emergency school-age child care services when necessary.
We hold regular parent / teacher conferences, so you can be fully involved with your child’s progress and learning.
We serve both breakfast and lunch, as well as an afternoon snack (formula and jar food for infants.) Our meal program follows the Michigan Food Care Program, which ensures that your child is getting the nutrition that he or she needs.
Of course, we will observe and follow any restrictive or special dietary needs your child may have. Just ask us.
Click here to download our current menu(PDF Form)